Monday 23 September 2013

Tropic Face Smooth Polish

Hi everyone!
First few weeks of college - done! Hurraaaaay!
Todays post is a review on Tropic's Face Smooth Bright Exfoliator.
Let me begin by explaining who Tropic are and what they want to achieve!
All of their products are cruelty free, natural, and 100% pure plant extract, and literally all of her products could be eaten (although it's really not recommended!), and every single ingredient is listed on the bottle/tub.

So after discovering Tropic Skincare I was so excited to try their products, so this is the little gem I had chosen to buy and review, as I thought it was a pretty cool exfoliator to have because it has a mix of oil in it!








This is the product before it has been mixed together. You can see it separates into two with the oil sitting on top of the sugar.









So the first time I used the product it was on the morning, because I generally like to exfoliate my skin in the shower as that's just what's easiest for me. The smell is amazing and woke me up instantly with its citrus zing. But let me say, what a bad decision that was!
After washing it off my face, it left a greasy residue that was just sitting on my face and it just didn't sink in, no matter how much I tried to rub it into my skin. After about two hours of just having oil sat on my face I had to wash it all off because I felt so dirty!
So the second time I used it was a night time, this was probably the best time, however it's not the way I like to enjoy my exfoliators, but for you guys, I will knuckle through!
The grease did still settle on my face, but after I exfoliated I used a toner, and then my normal moisturiser, and let me tell you, my face was a tiny bit slimy, but not the sticky horrible dirty feeling that it was before! I went to bed soon after and when I woke up, my skin didn't look any 'brighter' like it claims, but it was a bit smoother.







This is the product when it has been mixed together and you can probably tell it does still look a bit slimy.









The actual exfoliating of the product felt nice on my skin as it's packed with tiny sugar particles that really felt like they were getting deep into my pores, but if you don't like a tough exfoliator on your skin, I would say this is one to steer away from! 
I'm not too sure if this product broke me out or not because my skin was going through a bad patch anyway but it didn't really seem to help, which could be something to do with the oil in the product.
The next thing - the price... £15 for 100ml.
Now I don't know about you, but that's pretty expensive for what it is? In my opinion, I have to say that this product isn't really worth £15, and I feel like there may be alternatives in the drugstores which could do just as good of a job!
Have you tried any products from Tropic?
What did you think!
Thank you for reading my blog!
     - Louise xx

No comments:

Post a Comment