Saturday 3 August 2013

Mark Hill Brunette Shampoo and Conditioner

Hello beauties!!
I was given this little shampoo and conditioner set, I think for my birthday last year, and it has literally just been sitting in my shelves full of beauty goodies since then! (whoooops!)
The thing is, I'm a girl who doesn't really like to change my shampoo and conditioner to one that I've never used before because I've had bad experiences where i would have bad build up for days and nothing would get rid of it. Lets be honest, who wants to go through that?!

So once I used up what I was using at the time, I thought why not give it a go? It might work wonders!


The Shampoo
Starting the shampoo review off with this simple phrase - 'what the hell?'.
When I first used it, I just thought something was wrong with the product because it was just that watery!
I had to literally move my hand so slowly so I could actually get the product onto my hair without it all falling onto the shower floor, and another thing which wasn't good because of the consistency - the fact that I had to apply it twice just to wash the full length of my hair. Something which I have never had to do before.
It took a few good minutes to lather up as well, which I wasn't too keen on, and I know, I know it's really really bad for you're hair when you use a lathering shampoo, but I just feel like it cleans my hair soooo much better!
Lastly, the colour was brown, which I don't know if this sounds stupid for a brunette shampoo, but I really wasn't expecting it to be brown!


The Conditioner
Again, the colour of the conditioner was brown, but compared to the shampoo, it's a lot of a thicker formula, with what looks like tiny little sparkles throughout.
Now, the smell. My god the smell!! 
It is just simply - disgusting! It's one of them smells that just gets to you, but it doesn't seem to get better the longer you leave it on. NO, it gets worse! And when you have to leave it on to get the full effects of the conditioner, it just made me want to wash it off as soon as I could!
These two are probably the worst hair products I have ever used, and that really is saying something.
I'm a girl who likes to wash my hair every other day to try and keep it as healthy as I can, and usually my second day hair isn't that greasy. But, with these two my second day hair looks so greasy that sometimes even dry shampoo wont do the job!
It's fair to say that I will not be buying this shampoo and conditioner any time soon!

What do you think if you have tried these products? Let me know in the comments!


Thank you for reading my blog!
      - Louise xx

2 comments:

  1. whoever you are i completely disagree one of the best ive used and im fussy too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fantastic that it works for you, and you enjoy using the product! But this is just opinion of the product, and for me, the experience wasn't too good.

      Delete