Tuesday 30 July 2013

Liebster Blog Awards

Hey guys!
I have very recently been nominated for the Liebster Award by Melissa of Shadow and Polish (link to her blog is here), and honestly I'm so grateful to be nominated! Just to know that someone out there has actually clicked on my blog and liked it enough to nominate me is amazing!

So what is the Liebster Award?
The award is given to up and coming blogs, with only one condition - the blog must have less than 200 followers!
After doing a bit of research I found out that word 'liebster' is german, and translated it means words such as kindest, dearest, nicest and pleasant.

The Rules...
Yep, this award has rules!
1. Answer 10 questions from the nominator.
2. Nominate 10 blogs.
3. Make 10 more questions.
4. Inform the chosen bloggers!

The Questions!
1.Why did you start blogging?
The passion really started when I watched YouTube videos, which is where my addiction for makeup really grew by watching all the gurus apply make up and they would always look flawless!
But I didn't want to film a video because being honest - it seems a bit intimidating for me. 
Then I started researching products and found some great blogs, but the real person I have to thank is Megan a.k.a Thumbelina Lillie because I used to work with her, and she is the reason why I actually started to blog!
Click here to see Megan's' blog!

2.Whats your favourite beauty brand?
MAC. Hands down. No thought needed.
Just stop putting your god damn prices up please!

3. What are your 3 desert island products?
Beauty products wise or just anything in general? Hmmmm....
If it was any 3 items I could take then I would take my kindle with all my books on there! Second would be my phone, because lets be honest here, I am a twitter and instagram addict, yep I admitted it! Third would be my family, does that count?! I couldn't leave my little girl and boyfriend behind, I think the silence would drive me crazy!

4. Who is your favourite blogger?
I don't specifically just have one favourite bloggers, to be honest, I love too many blogs to probably even mention them all without you getting you bored, but to list a few...
Thumbelina Lillie
Copper Garden
Couture Girl
D&I
Milkteef
Vanessa Chloe's Word

5. If you had £20 to spend on beauty products what would you buy?
Definitely raiding the superdrug website right now to figure this one out!
Sleek Blusher - £4.49
Total = £17.45

6. What's your favourite nail varnish brand?
OPI. I used this nail varnish for as long as I can remember, and for the price, you definitely get your moneys worth, I haven't used up a bottle yet!

7. What's your all time favourite lipstick?
Majority of my lipstick I own is from MAC (obviously with it being my favourite makeup brand haha!), but the lipstick I keep reaching for at the minutes is RiRi Boy, in love with this lippy!

8. What 3 high street stores do you shop in the most?
The two major beauty shops - Superdrug and Boots by far!! Lastly I would probably say I shop more in River Island, I love a lot of the clothes in there, and when buying for myself, it's the store I always tend to go in first.

9. What's your favourite beauty bargain product?
W7 bronzer, this stuff is amazing. It's so super cheap, it does the job and it's crazy pigmented! For £2.99 you can't go wrong can you?!

10. Most interesting fact about yourself?
This is probably really gross, but I can wiggle my tongue in a way that I can only describe it looking like "a wave", and so far, there's nobody else I have met who can do this! 
Weird. Yep, I know! Hahaa.

Nominate 10 Bloggers!
Bethany - Bethany Worrall
Caitlin - Caitlin's Diary
Elise - Elise Dopson
Hollie - H0lliedays
Leigh - imleigh beauty
Antonia - Mac & Cheese
Shayy - Shayy in Wonderland
Megan - Megs Says
Callie - Callie Rose
(I have based all of these lovely people on the amount of Bloglovin' followers they have, of course which is over 200. They may have more followers due to other ways of following blogs!)

The Questions I Give To You....
1. What's the most expensive beauty product you've purchased?
2. What's your favourite blog posts to write about?
3. Your most used beauty products are?
4. What is your favourite makeup brand (drugstore&high end)?
5. Who is your beauty icon that you always look up to?
6. Your best makeup tip please?
7. Where do you shop for clothes (top three)?
8. Do you have a favourite perfume, if you do, what is it?
9. Do you have a weird fact to share with us about yourself?
10. Why did you start blogging?


I have really enjoyed writing this post! It's something a little bit different for me, but it's just pretty awesome to me that someone has clicked on my blog and thought they would nominate me for an award!

As always, thank you for reading!
     - Louise xx

2 comments:

  1. loved your answers !!!! :-) I love mac lipsticks too ! and i'm definitely gonna check out that w7 bronzer ! sounds amazing :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!
      oh god, I'm so addicted to mac lipsticks it's crazy!!!
      honestly, it's sooo good, I would recommend it to anyone, one of the best I have used! xxx

      Delete