Monday 7 December 2015

Living In A Hospital

Hi guys,

So these few weeks I feel as if I have been living in a hospital.
I started to have bad leg pain but it seemed to get worse day by day. I went to the doctors and got told it could be shingles and I should keep an eye out for a rash. About a week later it was at the point where I couldn't walk so I went into hospital and had a few tests for a blood clot. They were unable to see if I had or hadn't got a blood clot so they gave a blood thinning injection and was told to come back in the next day for an ultrasound of my leg, which as it turned out I didn't have a blood clot.

So then what happened? I hear you all ask...


I was sent home empty handed. Again, I ended up in hospital with the pain as nothing was helping me to control it. None of the doctors in A&E could figure out what could be causing the pain. So again, I was told to come back the next day to the fracture unit. When I went there, again the doctor didn't really know what to do so he got in the top dog of the fracture ward. He gave me an examination that lasted five minutes where he told me to walk, moved my leg around, felt my back and the tested my reflexes. The reflexes on the right leg where I had the pain didn't work. 

From that point the doctor said to me I need an MRI scan as he was almost certain it was a slipped disk. And finally, five weeks later I have a diagnosis of a slipped disk and sciatica.

It's so painful for me to do everyday things. I have left the house three times in the last four weeks by myself and its defiantly a struggle. I've missed out on my works Christmas party and I've missed out on Gavin's sisters hen do. I fell so useless all the time.

I have been booked into Physio and I am waiting for a steroid epidural which will be put into my lower back. I just can't wait for this pain to be gone and for me to walk normally and be able to stand for longer than two minutes!!

Hopefully I will be on the meant pretty soon, especially with Christmas not long away!


Hope you are all well,
- Louise xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment